Is the Bluetooth on your iPhone automatically turning on by itself? Many users of iPhone are experiencing this issue and they are not sure why? In this article, you’ll learn why Bluetooth on iPhone keeps turning on by itself and how to fix the problem.
Why is Bluetooth Automatically Turning On?
Most users use Control Center to turn Bluetooth off. When you turn off Bluetooth from Control Center, you are only disconnecting your iPhone from other Bluetooth connected devices but not actually turning Bluetooth off entirely.
How to Turn Off Bluetooth Permanently on iPhone
There are two ways to turn Bluetooth off permanently on your iPhone. Through the Settings App or by using Siri.
If you want to permanently disable Bluetooth on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- To turn off Bluetooth using Settings app, go to Settings > Bluetooth > Toggle the Bluetooth Switch to Off Position.
- You can also use Siri to turn off Bluetooth permanently. To do so, first activate Siri then say, “Turn Bluetooth off.” Siri will confirm that Bluetooth has been turned off.
The above methods will completely turn off Bluetooth on your iPhone and it won’t automatically turn back on without your knowledge.
How To Turn Bluetooth Back On Your iPhone
To turn Bluetooth back on, you can use the same methods to turn Bluetooth off – using the Settings app, Siri or from Control Center.
- To turn on Bluetooth using Settings app, go to Settings > Bluetooth > Toggle the Bluetooth Switch to On Position.
- To turn on Bluetooth using Siri, first activate Siri and say, “Turn on Bluetooth.” Siri will confirm that Bluetooth has been turned on.
- To turn on Bluetooth from Control Center, swipe up from the bottom of the screen. If you’re using an iPhone X or later versions, swipe your finger downwards from the upper left-hand corner of the screen. In the control center, select Bluetooth icon and tap on it. If the button color changes to blue, then the Bluetooth is on.
Things You Must Know About iPhone Bluetooth Functionality
If you turn off Bluetooth from Control Center, it stays off until:
- You switch Bluetooth back on in Control Center.
- You turn on Bluetooth by going to Settings > Bluetooth > Turn On Bluetooth.
- The next day until 5 AM local time.
- You restart your device.