The OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite is the newest addition to the OnePlus lineup, in the budget to mid-range segment. If you’ve recently acquired this device and are already facing overheating issues, do not worry! We have put together several quick fixes that can help reduce the overheating problems on your OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite.
We’ll explore different solutions, including optimizing system settings, managing apps and background processes, and maintaining the device’s physical environment. So without further ado, here are our 10 tips to help you resolve the overheating issue on your OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite.
Fix OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite Overheating Issue
1. Close Unused Apps
First of, don’t keep apps open if you are not using them. Having multiple apps open simultaneously can put extra strain on the CPU and cause your device to overheat. Close any apps you’re not actively using to reduce the workload on your phone.
- Tap the Recent apps button.
- Swipe left or right on the apps you want to close, or tap Close All to shut down all open apps.
2. Update Software and Apps
Outdated software and apps can also cause overheating issues due to bugs. Keep your device’s software and apps up to date to prevent any such potential problems.
- For system updates, go to Settings > About device > View updates and install any available updates.
- For app updates, open the Google Play Store, tap the menu icon, and select Manage apps & device. Update any apps with available updates.
3. Remove Resource-Intensive Apps
Some apps consume more resources than others and can contribute to overheating. Identify and remove or replace these apps to reduce strain on your device.
- Go to Settings > Battery > Battery usage by app.
- Look for apps with high battery consumption and consider uninstalling or replacing them with lighter alternatives.
4. Disable Location Services
Location services can contribute to overheating by constantly using GPS and other sensors. Turn off location services when not needed.
- Go to Settings > Location.
- Toggle the Location switch off.
5. Reduce Screen Brightness and Timeout
High screen brightness and longer screen timeouts can cause your device to heat up. Adjust these settings to help keep your phone cool.
- Go to Settings > Display & brightness.
- Adjust the brightness slider to a comfortable level and set the Auto screen off to a shorter duration.
6. Use Battery Saver Mode
Battery saver mode reduces your device’s performance to conserve battery life and can help prevent overheating.
- Go to Settings > Battery > Power saving mode.
- Toggle the Power saving mode switch on.
7. Disable Background Activity
Background app activity can cause your device to overheat by constantly running apps in the background. Disable this feature to reduce heat generation.
- Go to Settings > Battery > More settings > App battery management.
- Choose the app you want to restrict and toggle the Allow background activity switch off.
8. Clear Cache and App Data
Clearing cache and app data can help resolve overheating issues caused by corrupt or excessive temporary files.
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Select the app you want to clear cache and data for, then tap Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache and Clear Storage to remove temporary files and data.
9. Monitor Device Temperature
Avoid using your device in extreme temperatures and direct sunlight, as this can cause it to overheat.
- Keep your phone away from heat sources and direct sunlight.
- Avoid using your device while it’s charging, as this can generate additional heat.
10. Factory Reset (Last Resort)
If all else fails, try performing a factory reset. This can help resolve overheating issues caused by software problems. However, this will erase all your data and settings, so only use this option as a last resort.
- Back up your important data, as a factory reset will erase all your personal information and settings.
- Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options.
- Tap Erase all data (Factory reset) and confirm your action by following the on-screen instructions.
We hope by following these tips, you will be able to resolve the overheating issue on your OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite device. Good luck!