A thermometer can be used for a lot of things like recording body temperature, tracking food temperature, controlling temperature of alcoholic beverages and more.
In this listicle, we are going to take a look at the 10 best thermometer apps that the world of smartphones has to offer to us.
Some of the apps listed here will be compatible with both both Android and iOS devices while some will be exclusively available on either one of the two platforms.
So, let’s start our list!
Cross-compatible with Android and iOS
The developers of this app clearly state that the only way this app will work is if it is attached to separate hardware. Yes, they have their own hardware that can be purchased only from icelsius.com. The key features of the app are:
- It is a temperature probe capable of measuring temperature of various liquids, household appliances, cooking ingredients etc.
- Can be used for food quality control, equipment calibration, cold chain control etc.
- Shows live display of temperature with graphs that have pan and zoom touch.
- Allows setting alarms when the temperature goes above or below the specified limit.
- Allows accessing history of all records.
- The app also provides preset recipes for cooking tasty stuff.
In case you are looking for a thermometer app that can tell you outdoor temperature, this is the one you need. Whether you are an Android user or an iOS user, you can use this app. The basic features offered by this app are:
- Shows outdoor temperature, pressure and humidity of any location at any given point in time.
- It gets all the data from nearby meteorological and weather stations.
- It allows to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- It allows to choose location on a map.
3. @ Thermometer
- Gives extremely accurate temperature down to one-tenth of a degree.
- It gives temperature of current as well as any location in the world in real-time.
- Offers multiple high-quality graphics themes to select from.
- Allows displaying temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit scale.
- Requires Internet connectivity to provide real-time data.
Compatible Only With iOS
This app is designed to keep you abreast with ambient temperature, weather conditions and feels-like conditions. The best features of this app are:
- The app offers a very simple interface.
- It offers vivid images.
- It takes the default GPS positioning to pin on the current location but also allows to set locations manually.
- It automatically shows the temperature readings for the whole day and even the temperature that is currently measured by weather departments.
- Allows to select Celsius and Fahrenheit scales.
- Comes with three different skins.
This is a premium app available to iPhone and iPad users only. Designed to be cute and very functional, the app is still in its infancy and the developer plans to add more features in future. The best features offered by the app are:
- Shows real-time temperature through api calls from weather stations.
- Shows the temperature of the current locations.
- Allows to drop a pin to any location of choice and shows the temperature of that place.
- It also shows the current humidity and hence, works as a hygrometer app as well.
- Allows switching between Celsius and Fahrenheit scales.
Designed to give you the reading of your ambient temperature and also the feels-like temperature, this app is one nifty little app that you can use if you are an iPhone or iPad user. The key features of the app are:
- It allows connecting to a Bluetooth-enabled thermometer device to give you the accurate reading of the ambient temperature.
- It also displays the current temperature and feels-like temperature of the current location.
- It provides temperature readings and weather readings worldwide with accurate global weather tracker.
- Offers selection between visually appealing thermometer styles.
Designed only for iOS users, this app comes with a very simple and rustic design. It is designed with one simple function in mind – telling the current temperature. The basic feature of the app is:
- Tells the current temperature of the location with the aid of a weather service.
- It can also get temperature for other saved locations.
Compatible Only With Android
This one in particular is quite unique. It hears and tells temperature. Confused? Yes, it listens to the sound made when you pour hot water in a cup and then estimates the temperature of the water. The key features of the app include:
- Under ideal conditions, it can achieve ±4° of accuracy in temperature estimation.
- Perfect for brewing different types of teas that require different temperatures.
- Cannot work for temperatures below 50°C.
- Uses pre-trained machine learning model for analyzing noise made by pouring water of different temperatures.
- It works best when it receives noise for longer time and hence, you need to pour water for a longer time period.
As the name suggests, it is designed to work both as a thermometer and a hygrometer. The key features offered by this app are:
- Measures outdoor wind power, humidity and temperature.
- Allows to use Celsius or Fahrenheit scale.
- Also helps to measure CPU and battery temperature of the phone.
- Provide weather forecast for 5 five days in advance.
- Allows to choose a theme.
A small app designed for Android users, it has a few interesting features up its sleeve. Here are the key features of the app:
- It provides temperature information based on your location. The data is derived from Internet.
- The app also collects temperature data from battery sensor and displays that as well.
- The background image of the app changes according to likely weather conditions and gives information about the same on screen.