Not liking the default notification sound on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4/Flip 4? Well, you can change the sound to something else that you like.
You can set a different notification sound for all notifications, or you can decide to have different sounds for notifications from different apps.
Even better, if you don’t like any of the sounds pre-installed on your phone, you can add a tone of your choice.
Let’s learn how to accomplish all that.
How to Set Custom Notification Sound on Galaxy Z Fold 4/Flip 4
Set a New Tone for All Notifications
When you don’t want different tones for notifications from different apps, it makes sense to select a single tone for all notifications. Follow the steps below to set a custom notification sound on your Galaxy Z Fold 4/Flip 4:
- Step 1: On your cover screen, swipe down from the top to pull down the Quick Access panel.
- Step 2: Locate the Gear or the Cog icon. That is the shortcut to your Settings app. Tap on it.
- Step 3: Once the Settings menu opens, locate the option which reads Sounds and vibrations.
- Step 4: In the next menu that opens, tap on the option Notification Sounds.
Now you will see a long list of available tones that you can use. Tap on any tone to find out how it sounds. Then set it as the default notification sound for your Galaxy Z Fold 4/Flip 4.
Set Custom Notification Sound for an Individual App
You may want different notification sounds for different apps. Well, Android’s flexibility will allow you to do that. For instance, you may want a different tone for WhatsApp and a different one for your Slack notifications.
Different notification sounds for different apps can help you to quickly know which app is sending notifications. You can then choose to ignore or view the notification if you know that it’s not very important or something important.
Here are the steps you must follow to set different notification tones for different apps in your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4/Flip 4:
- Step 1: On the cover screen of your Galaxy Z Fold 4/Flip 4, swipe down from the top to pull up the Quick Access panel.
- Step 2: Locate the Cog or the Gear icon and tap on it to reach the Settings menu of your phone.
- Step 3: Scroll down until you reach the option which reads, Apps. Select the option.
- Step 4: On the next screen you will see a list of all your downloaded apps. Tap on the app for which you want to set a custom notification sound.
- Step 5: On the next screen that you see, you will find different sections. One of those sections is App Settings. In the App Settings segment, tap on the Notifications option.
- Step 6: From there, tap on Notification categories.
- Step 7: On the next screen, scroll down to Miscellaneous and tap on it.
- Step 8: On the next screen, tap on Sound and then select the tone that you want.
Yes, the process is a bit lengthy, but the good part is that you can set a different tone for every app that you have installed. You can even change the notification sounds for every individual system app using this method.
If you wish, you can make your phone vibrate when specific apps send notifications. In can you don’t want certain apps to make noise, you can set the notification to silent mode. You may even entirely disable notifications for the apps.
How to Add a New Sound to Set Custom Notification Sound?
Just in case you didn’t like any tone that ships by default with your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4/Flip 4, you have the option to add a tone of your choice. However, there are some additional steps that you must perform to use your preferred sound clip as a notification sound.
Note: A notification sound should not exceed 20 seconds in length. Thus, ensure that the clip that you want to use is trimmed accordingly. You can use your PC or a variety of various web applications that will allow you to create ringtones and notification tones.
- Step 1: Once you have the sound clip ready, send it to your Galaxy Z Fold 4/Flip 4 and download it to your phone. The downloaded sound will automatically be stored in your Music Folder.
- You must grab the sound clip. Go to My Files » Audio » Music. Find the file that you just downloaded.
- Long-press the file and then select the Copy option.
- Step 2: Now, return to the My Files home screen. You will find the option called Internal Storage. Tap on that option.
- Step 3: On the next screen, scroll down until you find ‘Notifications.’ Tap on that option and select it.
- Step 4: Once you are in the Notifications folder, choose the option Copy Here.
- Step 5: Now exit the My Files app and go to the Settings app.
- Step 6: In the Settings app, you can go to Sounds and vibrations » Notification sounds to select the tone as your default notification sound. Alternatively, you can go to Settings » Apps » Select an individual app » Notifications (in App Settings section) » Notification Categories » Miscellaneous » Sound and select the new tone as notification tone for an individual app.
In case you don’t want to go through the hassle of adding a tone to your phone by yourself, you can always use an application like ZEDGE.
With ZEDGE, you can not only get a wide range of ringtones and notification sounds that you can use but also, you get a large selection of wallpapers to adorn your Galaxy Z Fold 4/Flip 4’s screens.
It is wise not to use custom notification sound for every app you have installed. That will be utterly foolish because you will eventually get confused. Set custom notification sound on Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4/Flip 4 for the most important apps.