If you find enjoyment in racing more than anything and if your idea of racing fun is a ready-to-run RC vehicle, then you should try your hand at radio control car, also called RC car.
Imagine driving a real racing car on the street with your mind. You move your foot from the gas to the brake and your minds says stop and the car stops. And then you think back recalling you might have actually moved your foot. The feeling is truly exhilarating and it’s the same with radio controlled cars except you drive a miniature version of the original car and steer with a much smaller steering wheel while moving your fingers on a lever rather than a pedal. There are several degrees of technology built into these radio-controlled cars. They are fun to drive and add excitement to your life.
Selecting the best RC car for your needs can be a daunting task. There’s a plethora of selections to choose from, especially online.
Here’s our picks for the best ten RC cars you can get today.
Top 10 Best RC Cars
For the speed enthusiasts who crave speed, the Redcat Racing EP Touring Car is the best bet. The Lighting EPX Pro brushless can go insanely fast, even beyond 40 mph. Although it’s not exactly the fastest RC touring car out there, it is exceptionally fast and powerful. The upgraded 3500mAh LI-PO battery helps the car go faster and it’s heavy-duty. It comes with the battery pack and charger so you could always go an extra mile. The stock tires are beautifully designed for a nice on-road experience and the aluminum capped oil filled shocks improve shock consistency on the long run.
The independent suspension is adjustable, similar to the ones found on race cars. The Lighting EPX Pro body is made from lightweight polycarbonate material but it’s equally durable as it is rigid. This little monster will handle almost everything that comes its way as long as you drive the car on nice, smooth surfaces and avoid bumps and jumps. It’s a perfect value RC touring car that’s more about speed than performance.
- Super responsive brushless engine
- Powerful 3500mAh LI-PO battery pack and charger
- Aluminum capped oil filled shocks for improved shock consistency
- Durable and lightweight polycarbonate design
- Forward and Reverse transmission
- Not ideal for off-road driving
- Stock tires may lose traction on the long run
Experience the thrill of drift racing with the Redcat Racing EPX Drift Car. If you prefer drifting over anything else, then the Redcat EPX is ready to rock and roll right out of the box. It’s a true value drift car and the best bang for your buck and it’s almost impossible to beat the Redcat EPX Drift Car when it comes to price. It’s not just your regular racing ride; this little monster is equipped with specialized drift racing tires so that you can start showing your drifting skills in no time. Even with all the plastic parts in the body, it is well built and sturdy enough to tackle some cool bumpy rides pretty well, without compromising the performance.
- Lightweight polycarbonate body
- Specialized drift racing tires for endless drifting
- Forward and Reverse transmission
- True value drift RC car
- Ideal for kids and adults alike
- Poor battery life
- Takes longer to charge
Take your drifting endeavors to the next level with this ready-to-run electric brushless Exceed RC Electric DriftStar which represents the next generation of 1/10 scale RC racing cars. The DriftStar can maintain the highest speed and precision control, and the specially crafted high strength drift body makes drifting a dream. Powered by the new and improved RC540 motor, this electric powered drift RC car will satisfy all your wishes for speed and thrill. The centralized low center of gravity design guarantees the steadiness and excellent handling of the car.
- Centralized low center of gravity design
- Street ready and high strength drift body
- Foam bumper for impact protection
- All wheel drive for stable driving
- Easy to maintain front and rear differential
- Weak grip wheels
- Body is a bit brittle
Experience the literal game of cat and mouse as you casually drive around in this amazing remote controlled police car. With real police car siren, flashing lights, left/right blinkers, and push to start feature, you can actually turn yours into a cat to chase around the mouse. It has got everything – fully working lights, real sound effects, powered door, and a real steering wheel. You can steer the wheel left to turn the car to left and steer it right to turn it right. And the best part, it has simulation control steering wheel that gives you an exact impression of holding a real one, which feels just amazing.
- Easy to use remote control
- Simulation control steering wheel
- Real police siren, flashing lights, and left/right blinkers
- 2.4GHz Radio Control for maximum performance
- Push to start and 4D gravity Control
- Remote is big compared to the size of the car
- Ideal for beginners
If racing is in your DNA, then this all-new electric powered RS4 Sport 3 Flux RC car from the house of HPI Racing comes competition-ready straight out of the box. This fully enclosed all-wheel drive requires virtually the same level of concentration as driving a full-size race car which responds at the pace you wish that makes you forget about the 2.4GHz radio controlled transmitter that control the car. The RS4 Sport 3 Flux with the body of Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, is a sophisticated drift machine that comes with color-matching wheels for an enhanced and striking performance on the road. Powered by the powerful 4000KV brushless motor, the main chassis of the RS4 Sport 3 Flux is molded from a single piece of reinforced plastic, making it exceptionally sturdy.
- Fully enclosed all wheel drive for increased traction
- Inspired by drifting champion Ford GT
- Inspired by Porsche 911 GT3 RSR body for a more premium feel
- Single-piece molded reinforced chassis for increased durability
- Dealed Metal Gear Differentials
- No camber/toe adjustments
6. Traxxas XO-1
For those who wish to stay ahead of their game, the Traxxas XO-1 1/7 Scale AWD Supercar sets the standard for high-speed model racing as the world’s fastest radio-controlled car. For the past three decades, Traxxas has been pushing the performance standards through their state-of-the-art racing machines. The all-wheel drive XO-1 1/7 is insanely fast and is capable of running 100 mph straight out of the box which clearly makes it the fastest ready-to-run RC car ever made. This racing monster, however, is not for amateurs, this is probably why it comes with such a hefty price tag. All wheel drive, quick steering response, cutting edge design, aerodynamic styling, extruded aluminum driveshaft, and state of the art stability management system, TSM – all these features collectively make the Traxxas XO-1 1/7 RC Car the best and the fastest RC supercar in the world.
- 0 – 100 MPH in under 5 seconds
- State-of-the-art Traxxas Stability Management System
- Advanced TQi 2.4GHz Radio technology with Traxxas Link Wireless Module
- Splined Steel Driveshafts with dual CV joints for suspension movement
- Traxxas Cush Drive system to absorb shocks
- Hard-anodized aluminum Teflon-coated GTR shocks for shock consistency
- Records real-time telemetry data with Traxxas Link App
- Costs on a little higher side
7. Tamiya 58346
Off-road driving has never been this fun and thrilling with this amazing Tamiya 58346 Grasshopper RC buggy which still stands as one of Tamiya’s flagship remote controlled cars ever made. The Grasshopper is an entry-level car that knows no bounds – now traverse even the roughest and bumpy terrains with grace and ease, thanks to one of the finest independent swing axle suspension system. In fact, Tamiya was one of the first to release off-road buggies with real suspension systems. Easy to assemble, this fun 2WD RC buggy is fun to ride on all types of terrains. With a durable plastic design complimented by a solid frame and highest quality components, the Grasshopper gives you the feel of real racing and off-road game experience.
- High-grade RC buggy for off-road experience
- Front swing axle independent suspension for superior performance
- Rear rolling rigid straight axle suspension for shock consistency
- Made of highest quality components for durability
- Sealed rear gearbox protects diff gear when driving off-road
- Tires slip in the grass
- Suspension performance is not up to the mark
From the house of the iconic Japanese company Tamiya, this cazy little monster is designed to race and it’s fast, and spectacularly impressive. Inspired by the legendary Frank Williams, the founder of Williams Grand Prix Engineering, the Tamiya Williams FW14B is fun to ride as long as you drive it on fine, flat surfaces because it’s not suitable for serious off-road adventures. Made with quality components and parts, this is a fine recreation of the already-popular Renault turbocharged v10.
- Inspired by Williams Gran Prix Engineering’s Frank Williams
- Based on the original Renault turbocharged V10 for a premium driving experience
- Made with highest quality components for increased durability
- Quality tested for safety
- Not suitable for off-road driving
The HBX All Terrain RC Car is all about speed and performance and it’s the swiftest of all. It is the perfect combination of steady drive and dynamic balance that will lead to being the fastest car on the road. It can go as high as 29 KPH and the independent suspension system is quite sophisticated allowing the wheels to move up and down independently for a swift and steady drive. Its flexible and solid PVC truck body guarantee proper rigidity to its body. The V-tread rubber wheels ensure good grip over different terrains and the transmission shafts with diff gear rotate at varying speeds with little bearing to maintain a dynamic balance. Get your hands on the HBX All Terrain RC Car and you’re sure to get hooked on the exhilaration of the game.
- Independent PVC system for a steady and swift ride
- V-tread rubber wheels for superior grip over different terrains
- Transmission shaft rotate at varying speeds
- Powerful motor for high-efficiency rotation
- Anti-skid tires for safety on the road
- Prone to getting hit by obstacles when driving at high speeds
10. Jada Mazda RX-7
Go fast and furious with the RC version of Brian O’Conner’s wicked Nissan GTR and relive the best car racing moments of the popular Fast and Furious franchise. Experience some real drift action with the Jada Mazda RX-7 Drift RC Car which comes with both all-wheel drive and 4-wheel steering to keep it steady during action. It is practically the true scale model of the original full-size Nissan Skyline GTR with features like never before. Although, it is not exactly your street racing car, it hinges on some serious drifting action. In addition, it comes with an extra set of tires just like you’d get with any real drift car. So, get ready for some serious drift action with the Nissan-inspired Jada Fast & Furious Drift RC Car.
- Drift-ready specially-engineered tires
- Optimal grip to promote big slip angles
- Inspired by Brian O’Conner’s Nissan Skyline GTR
- Comes with an extra set of tires
- Turbo button for a voltage boost
- Supports USB charging
- Not suitable for street racing