Sometimes, we just need to measure angles! There is no escape. It may be because of some detailed plan we are making to build something or just trying to solve a mathematical problem.
No matter what we want to achieve, having a handy angle measure app on our phone can help us out. So, here is our pick of 10 best angle measure apps available for Android or iOS or both.
Let’s get started with the list!
Apps Cross-Compatible With iOS and Android
1. Angle Meter Pro
- Displays angle value in real-time with reference to a horizontal axis.
- There are two modes of measuring angles.
- Allows measuring angles with a camera mode.
- It can measure angles from an image.
- Displays angles between 0 to 90 degrees with reference to horizontal axis.
- Allows easy calibration.
- It also comes with a level meter to find the tilt degree in a vertical plane.
2. Angle Pro
- Comes with a very accurate angle meter along with memory function.
- It offers level function using sonic and visual feedback at four preset angles of 0, 90, 180 and 270 degrees.
- Comes with the functionality of bubble inclinometer.
- It does not require any calibration at all.
3. Protractor Smart
- It comes with touch measure to set angle. It needs to use the camera of the phone in this mode.
- It also allows plumb measure that allows you to determine the slope. However, you need to first calibrate the plumb.
- You can take screenshot of the screen under any mode you use.
4. iLevel – Protractor & Level
Designed as a clinometer multitool as well as a leveling app, iLevel is available for both Android and iOS users. For Android users, the app is available by the name Clinometer, Spirit Level, Protractor, Bubble Level. The primary features of the app are:
- 360° protractor with a precision of up to 0.1 degrees.
- Spirit levels for 90, 180, 270 and 360 degrees.
- Provides surface level tools.
- Comes with flashlight measure for environments that are dark.
- Needs calibration.
- Memory for unlimited angle values.
- Provides acoustic signals to indicate the difference between target and actual angle and more.
Apps Compatible With iOS Only
Available only for iPhone or iPad users, this app is designed to convert your phone into a handy pocket protractor. The core features of the app are:
- Measures in degrees.
- Measures in radians.
- Features intuitive visual controls.
- Offers a very elegant design.
Available only for iPad and iPhone users, this app boasts itself as a very user-friendly angle meter. The key features of the app are:
- Allows measuring angles on pictures and even from camera.
- Allows to simultaneously measure unlimited number of angles.
- It allows to scale and move objects.
- Colors of the tools can be easily adjusted for visual ease.
Apps Compatible With Android Only
7. Angle Tool
One of the simplest and yet extremely powerful app for measuring angles, the Angle Tool app is available only for Android users. The key features of the app are:
- Allows measuring angle between two planes.
- Allows usage as a triangle ruler.
- Very accurate app.
8. Angle Meter
Designed for and available only to Android users, the Angle Meter app is all about measuring inclination and angle. The app uses arc tangent of gravity between two axes to come up with accurate results. The core features of the app are:
- You can measure slope or angle on those surfaces which are not parallel to the ground. For this, the app uses relative angle mode.
- The app provides two orientation axes.
- It allows measuring angle of an object in a picture.
- All recordings can be saved in database.
For Android users, Clinometer is one of the most highest-rated angle measure apps available on market. The key features of the app are:
- Allows precise inclination or angle measurement with clinometer, protractor, laser level or bubble level.
- It also has a compass with magnetic field and light computation features.
- It offers various unit systems.
- Allows measuring slope or angle on surfaces not parallel to ground using the relative angle mode.
Loaded with a multitude of features, this app is a class apart. Not only is it feature-rich but it is also very functional and is a beautifully designed app. The core features of the app are:
- Accurate measurements.
- Horizontal and vertical water level indicator.
- It is capable of showing incline or angle.
- Shows zero level with audible indication.
- Defines angles with or without decimal.
- Gives the ability to keep the display active.
- Angle can be calculated and measured using hold function.
- Allows three different display modes and more.