Resident Evil 4, the latest addition to the survival horror game by Capcom, is a modern remake of the 2005 original. You can currently get it on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Steam, and Xbox Series X/S.
The new game offers exciting game modes for players of all levels. Let’s find out what are the different game modes you can play in Resident Evil 4 2023 Edition.
Games Modes in Resident Evil 4 Remake
Assisted mode is perfect for players who may be unfamiliar with the game but still want to enjoy the story and puzzle-solving aspects of Resident Evil 4. This mode offers several helpful features such as:
- Aim assist is active (can be toggled on/off in Controls from the Options menu)
- Increased ammo creation when crafting
- Lower prices for certain items
- Automatic health recovery from DANGER to CAUTION
- Less threatening enemies (they take more damage, deal less damage, and have slower attacks)
Standard mode is designed for players who want a balanced, normal difficulty level while playing the game. This mode provides a challenging yet enjoyable experience without the need for extra assistance provided in Assisted mode. If you find the game too difficult while playing on Standard, you can switch to Assisted mode from the game over screen.
Hardcore mode is for players who crave a challenging and intense gaming experience. In this mode, you’ll face stronger enemies and also more difficult challenges throughout the game. Some key features of Hardcore mode include:
- Stronger and more challenging enemies
- Higher prices for certain items
- Aim assist is unavailable
If you are a beginner, we’d suggest getting your hands wet with the Assisted mode first to get an idea of the game and after you have gained enough experience, you can then progress to more difficult modes.