Are YouTube videos not playing on your iPhone 14/14 Plus/14 Pro/14 Pro Max? You are not alone. This is a common issue. You can try various troubleshooting steps by yourself.
Methods to Fix YouTube Videos That Won’t Play on iPhone 14/14 Plus/14 Pro/14 Pro Max
Method 1: Check Your Internet Connection
Check your router and reset/re-plug all cables properly. Now try to play YouTube videos on your iPhone. If it works, there was a problem with your Internet connection.
If it still doesn’t work, try to play YouTube videos on other devices connected to your network. If they work, there is some problem with your phone. If YouTube doesn’t work on other devices, contact your ISP.
Method 2: Check Whether YouTube is Down
YouTube servers may be down because of server outages or server maintenance. Visit downdetector.com and check whether other users have reported the same problem.
Alternatively, you can ask your friends to check YouTube on their phones. If they are also facing the same problem, YouTube servers are possibly down.
Wait for the servers to come back online.
Method 3: Close and Reopen YouTube
On the home screen, swipe up from the bottom and hold at the middle of the screen to pull up the App Switcher. Look for YouTube and then swipe up to close the app. It is better that you close all apps running in the background.
Now, once all background apps are closed, restart your iPhone. Follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the Side button and the Volume Up (or Volume Down) button together.
- When the Power Off slider appears, release both buttons.
- Drag the slider to the right to shut down the phone.
Wait for 30 seconds and press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears. Start for the phone to restart. Now try playing a YouTube video.
Method 4: Update the YouTube App
A pending update for your YouTube app can cause the problem. Go to App Store and see if any update is available. If yes, download and install the app update. Now, restart your phone (explained above) and try to play a YouTube video.
Method 5: Uninstall & Reinstall the YouTube App
Try reinstalling the YouTube app. This can easily resolve various software glitches. Here is how you uninstall and reinstall the YouTube app:
- Long-press on the YouTube app until the context menu appears.
- Now tap on Remove App to enter the Jiggle Mode.
- In Jiggle Mode, the minus (-) button will appear on the top left corner of each app.
- Tap on the (-) button on the YouTube App icon.
- Now tap the red Delete App button and confirm the deletion.
Once done, restart your phone and then go to App Store and search for YouTube and install the app by following the on-screen instructions.
Method 6: Disable Restrictions
Content & Privacy Restrictions on your iPhone can prevent YouTube from working properly. You can disable such restrictions for all apps or just for YouTube. Here is how you do it:
- Go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- On the next screen, tap on Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Provide Screen Time password, if prompted.
- Tap on the toggle switch next to Content & Privacy Restrictions and turn it off.
Method 7: Forget Wi-Fi and Reconnect Wi-Fi
If the Wi-Fi configuration of your iPhone is corrupt, YouTube will not work properly. Forget your Wi-Fi network and then reconnect. These are the steps you must follow:
- Go to Settings » Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the ‘i’ icon next to your Wi-Fi network.
- On the next screen, tap on ‘Forget This Network.’
After you forget the network, reboot your phone, and then reconfigure your Wi-Fi network.
Method 8: Reset iPhone Network Settings
Misconfigured or corrupt network settings can cause this issue. You try to reset the network settings of your iPhone with the following:
- Go to Settings » General » Reset
- On the following screen, tap on the option which says, ‘Reset Network Settings.’
- Enter the passcode if asked for it and proceed.
Let the phone reboot. Now try using YouTube.
If it is still not working, contact Google and Apple support.