Are you’re experiencing fingerprint scanner issue with your OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite? The OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, providing you an easy and secure way to access your device. However, if you are having trouble with it, we’ve put together a list of tips you can use that could hopefully help you troubleshoot and fix the fingerprint scanner problem.
Here are some quick tips to fix fingerprint scanner issue on your OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite.
Fix OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite Fingerprint Scanner Issue
1. Clean the Fingerprint Scanner and Your Finger
Dirt, grease, or moisture on the fingerprint scanner or your finger can affect the scanner’s accuracy. Clean the scanner with a soft, lint-free cloth and ensure your finger is clean and dry before scanning.
2. Update Your Phone’s Software
Outdated software can cause compatibility issues with your fingerprint scanner. Ensure your OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite is running the latest software:
- Go to Settings > About device > View updates.
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it.
- Once your phone is up-to-date, check if the fingerprint scanner issue is resolved.
3. Re-register Your Fingerprint
Over time, the saved fingerprint data can become less accurate. Remove your existing fingerprint data and re-register your fingerprint:
- Go to Settings > Password & Security > Fingerprint.
- Enter your PIN, pattern, or password if prompted.
- Tap on the registered fingerprint and select Remove.
- Tap on Add fingerprint and follow the on-screen instructions to re-register your fingerprint.
Test the fingerprint scanner to see if it’s working properly.
4. Check for App Conflicts
Third-party apps may cause conflicts or interfere with the fingerprint scanner’s functionality. To check if an app is causing the issue, restart your phone in Safe Mode:
- Press and hold the Power button and the Volume Up key at the same time.
- Tap and hold the Power off option.
- You’ll see a prompt to Reboot to safe mode. Tap OK.
Your device will restart in Safe Mode, and all third-party apps will be temporarily disabled. Test the fingerprint scanner to see if the issue is resolved. If the scanner works fine in Safe Mode, the problem may be caused by a third-party app. Restart your device to exit Safe Mode, and then try uninstalling recently installed or updated apps to identify the culprit.
5. Reset Your Phone
If all else fails, consider performing a factory reset. This will erase all your data and settings, so make sure to back up your important files before proceeding:
- Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options.
- Tap on Erase all data (Factory reset)
- Tap Erase all data and confirm.
- Once the reset is complete, set up your device and check if the fingerprint scanner is working properly.