Do you own a Smart TV, a Blue-Ray player or a gaming system that allows you to stream media contents without a hassle? Lucky you! Now, with the advancement in technology and emergence of more quality media streamers, people have opted to go for these devices to improve picture and sound quality when streaming their favorite music and videos.
Here, we’ve put together a list of 10 best TV media streaming devices you should consider if you’re looking to get one soon.
Here’s our top picks.
Top 10 Best TV Media Streaming Devices
1. Roku Ultra 4K Streaming Media Player
Roku Ultra 4K is by far one of the best as compared to its previous versions. What’s so special about it? To begin with, this model gives you an improved picture quality that’s optimized for your TV with sharp resolution and vivid color. It supports the latest 4K and HDR picture quality and offers you an enormous amount of movies and TV shows to choose from.
- Live stream TV content over the Internet
- Great for HD, HDR, and 4K streaming
- Voice control TV
- Includes Premium JBL headphones
- Supports Apple TV, Prime Video, Netflix, Disney,, HBO, Showtime, Hulu and more
- Access over 500,000 movies and TV episodes
2. Apple TV 4K
Apple TV 4K has everything you would wish to enjoy on a streaming device. To begin with, this model comes with 4K, HDR, and Dolby Vision Plus 7.1 and HDR10 for stunning picture quality. With the help of the all-new A10X Fusion Chip, this streamer will guarantee you a super fast performance when streaming through all your media contents such as Netflix, iTunes, and Hulu and more. Other outstanding features you’re able to enjoy with the Apple TV 4K include the Siri voice command option and Airplay.
- A10X Fusion chip for ultra-fast performance
- Compatible with Dolby Atmos sound system
- Compatible with HD and UHD TVs with HDMI
- Stream from iPhone and iPad on TV
3. Fire TV Cube
The Amazon Fire TV cube is another exclusive streamer that joined the streaming arena just recently. It is the fastest and most powerful Fire TV yet offering high performance and features all at an affordable price. Just like the rest of the high-end streamers, this one too supports the 4K and the HDR media contents.
- Compatible with Alexa
- 4K, Dolby Vision and HDR, HDR10+
- Access Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, Disney+, Apple TV, HBO, and more
- Privacy protections and controls
- Comes with Ethernet support
4. Roku Streaming Stick+
Roku has continually been advancing their streaming devices to suit customers of all categories. The latest streamer they recently released is the Roku Streaming Stick+. Ultra slim and extremely light streamer, the Roku Streaming Stick+ is an ideal choice for mounted TVs. Just like the rest of the pack, this streamer supports the latest 4K, HD and, HDR media streaming while giving you access to a wide range of media services such as Netflix, HULU, and Amazon. Although this streamer only works when there’s a Wi-Fi signal around, its strong signal allows it to offer the best streaming experience over a wide range of selections.
- Long-range wireless receiver for smooth streaming
- Comes with DTS Digital Surround, Dolby Audio and Dolby ATMOS
- Works with Alexa and the Google Assistant
- Stream content in 4K, HD, HDR 10
5. Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
What comes to mind when you see the Amazon Fire TV Stick? Affordability right! Well, you’re right as this version of the Amazon streaming device offers the best streaming experience at a reduced price. With Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K, you can get full access to thousands of channels from your most favorite services such as Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, Disney+, Apple TV, and HBO among others.
- Over 500,000 movies and TV episodes
- Unlimited access to Amazon Prime members
- Up to 4K Ultra HD with support for HDR, HDR 10, HDR10+, HLG, Dolby Vision
- Control with Alexa Voice Remote
- Optional Amazon Ethernet Adapter
6. Google Chromecast Ultra
If you’re that person that wants to see a Google name on a device, then this device might serve your purpose. The Google Chromecast Ultra is another great streaming device on the market. Retailing at a pocket-friendly price, this streaming device offers the latest 4K and HDR streaming support for a more advanced picture quality. The inbuilt adapter will allow you to connect to the internet to enjoy thousands of channels from Netflix, Pandora, and Youtube while still streaming your favorite songs and games. Although the Chromecast Ultra doesn’t have a remote control, users will have an option of using the voice control technology as well as the Google Home for a more simplified user experience.
- Compatible with Android, iOS and Windows operating system
- Watch Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, Prime video, HBO Now and Disney plus and more
- Comes with Wi-Fi and Ethernet support
7. NVIDIA Shield Android TV Pro
If you’re a gaming enthusiast searching for a more reliable streaming device, then the Nvidia Shield TV Pro is what you need. Although it’s much expensive as compared to other top rated streamers, this device will give you access to your best games and favorite movies/TV shows via Youtube, VUDU, Amazon Video, Netflix, HBO, Kodi and Hulu. What’s even more impressive about this streamer is that it comes with a remote control, a voice search option, a GeForce NOW cloud gaming service, a gaming controller, and 4K plus HDR support for a Smart Home Ready experience.
- It’s a streamer, game console, DVR, media server, and smart home hub
- Stream content in 4K with Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital Plus surround sound
- Upscale HD video to 4K in real-time using the power of AI and the Tegra X1+ processor
- Chromecast 4K Built-in
8. Roku Express+ HD Streaming
Although this streaming device is not as powerful as the Roku Ultra, it’s one of the best devices to consider especially due to its affordable price. Designed to connect to your TV via the HDMI or composite cable, this streaming device offers up to 3500+ channels across a wide range of services such as Netflix, HULU, and VUDU. Although it doesn’t offer much, the Roku Express+ is an excellent selection to those people searching for a low priced fully functional streaming device.
- Works for TVs with HDMI or composite cable
- Access over 350, 000+ movies and TV episodes
- Setup is Easy
9. Roku Premier+
Finally, we have the Roku Premier+. When it comes to streaming devices, Roku is by far one of the best companies that own a bigger share as compared to the competition. The release of the Roku Premier+ has been welcomed with positive criticism especially to those customers looking forward to enjoying the best out of both worlds. With the capacity to support 4K, HDR, and Amazon streaming services, this streamer is actually among the best options you’ve got if you’re really searching for a more reliable user-friendly streaming device.
- Over 350,000+ movies and TV episodes across 3,500+ paid or free channels
- Fast quad core processor and 802.11ac dual band wireless
- Brilliant 4K resolution at 60fps
10. Roku Express HD Streaming Media Player
The Roku Express HD is yet another powerful streaming device at an affordable price. It comes with a high speed HDMI cable and is able to stream a variety of TV shows and movies across a wide range of media services. Available with an easy to use remote control, the Roku Express HD is among the tiniest streamers that will convert your home to a real entertainment center.
- Compact and power-packed
- Quick and easy setup
- Picture quality up to 1080p HD
- Comes with free Roku mobile app to control your player
Factors To Consider Before Buying A TV Media Streamer
For you to guarantee top-notch-performance there are a number of key things you need to think about before selecting your preferred media streamer. Among the five basic things you need to consider before selecting a streaming device include;
The quality of your television
If your TV is that old model, then it won’t be compatible with some of the latest streaming devices such as Apple TV 4K.
Mode of connection
Something else you need to check on is the mode of connectivity. Some streaming devices are wired while others are wireless.
Almost all models of streaming devices offer a remote control for easy control over different spectrums. However, newer models are offering even more advanced control options such as the SIRI or Alexa voice command control options.
To guarantee you of the best product, we’ve put together a list of 10 best tv media streaming devices that we believe will offer you the best-uninterrupted entertainment.