Are you experiencing overheating issues on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4G, Redmi Note 9 5G, or Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G? There are several factors that can cause your phone to overheat.
In this post, we’ll take a look at some effective solutions you can try to fix overheating issues on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9.
Tips to Fix Redmi Note 9 Overheating Issue
1. Avoid hot environments
Most smartphones can function normally between 0 degrees Celsius to 35 degrees Celsius. If you are using your phone in a place where the temperature is above 35 degrees Celsius, it will tend to overheat. Make sure to rest your phone periodically to allow it to cool down.
2. Remove the case
Try not to use covers or cases that are bulky and do not have sufficient space for dissipating the heat. If the case is trapping heat generated by your phone (which normally happens even on mild use), the phone will overheat. Experiment by removing the cover to know whether it is the cover that is causing the problem or not.
3. Use compatible chargers
You need to make sure that you are using a charger which is compatible with your Xiaomi phone. Anything that is not approved or certified for Xiaomi phone is not recommended. Not only can they cause overheating, but they can also damage your phone as well.
4. Turn off Bluetooth, mobile data, WiFi, hotspot, location services, etc.
Turn these services off when they are needed. Keeping these services running while not actively using them can not only cause battery drain, but they also heat up the phone. Turn them off whenever you don’t need them. You can turn them off directly from the quick settings panel.
5. Use battery saving mode
When you turn this feature on, it will kill all those services that run in the background and drain the battery and even lead to your phone heating. Activities like background data sync, GPS, auto-downloads, etc. are all stopped when you turn on the battery saving mode. This keeps your phone cool.
To activate battery saving mode, perform the following steps:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Battery & Performance
- Tap on Battery saver and toggle it On
- Tap on Ultra battery saver and toggle it on for advanced battery saving
6. Close all background apps forcibly
When too many apps run in the background, your device can quickly heat up. Forcefully closing them can help to cool down your phone by stopping background activities. Simply tap the recent app key or swipe up from the bottom of your phone’s screen and hold to show all the open apps. Now tap the X button to close the apps all at once.
7. Update software
Sometimes a software bug can also cause the overheating problem. Updating software can help resolve the problem. Use the path below to update software:
Settings >> About phone >> System update to download and install the update (if available)
8. Reset the phone
Performing this procedure will restore your device to its original configuration. This will rule out any software conflict that can lead to an overheating issue. But before you do so, back up all your important data as they will be lost during this process. To do a factory reset, perform the following steps:
- Turn off the device
- Now press and hold the Power and Volume Up keys for few seconds
- When the device logo is displayed, release the Power button but continue to hold the Volume Up key until the Recovery menu appears
- Use the Volume Down key to highlight and select “Wipe Data“
- Press the Power key to select the option
- Make sure Wipe All Data option is highlighted
- Press the Power key to proceed
- Use the Volume Down key to highlight and select “Confirm“
- Press the Power key to confirm and proceed
- Your device will now begin the reset process
- After the factory reset completes, you will see the recovery menu again
- Select “Reboot” and press Power button to proceed
- Select “Reboot to System” to restart the device
If none of these methods are helping you, it may indicate that your phone’s battery is bad or a hardware component defect and will require some serious technical aid. Contact Customer support at Xiaomi for further assistance.