Samsung’s most premium smartphone, the Galaxy S22 Ultra, is the latest in line in the S22 batch of flagship smartphones. Its design, S-Pen compatibility, and cameras stand out from its smaller siblings (S22 and S22+).
Many people were anticipating great things from the Galaxy S22 series. After all, the Exynos 2200 chipset is the first to have the new Xclipse GPU, which was created in close collaboration with AMD.
However, it appears that the new series’ hardware still has to be optimized. Some Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra owners are experiencing performance issues that should not be present on the phone in that price bracket.
For example, some Galaxy S22 Ultra owners are annoyed with a noticeable camera shutter lag. Furthermore, the UI has some slowness and hitches. According to claims, even gaming performance can be improved.
This article goes through the various issues users have faced with the camera in all S22 smartphone variants, providing fixes wherever possible.
Tips to Fix Samsung Galaxy S22 Camera Issues
You may receive an error message when attempting to open the Camera App on your Samsung Galaxy S22, Samsung Galaxy S22+, or Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.
Take a look at this troubleshooting guide for the S22 series to see how you might be able to resolve this issue.
1. Make sure your Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, or Galaxy S22 Ultra isn’t overheated as the first step. If it feels hot to the touch, wait until it cools down before accessing the Camera App. To prevent overheating on your Galaxy S22, refer to this article.
2. If your smartphone becomes wet, it’s probably a good idea to let it dry out.
3. You should also ensure that your smartphone has enough battery life.
4. If you’re trying to use the camera app when you have other apps active, we recommend closing them first.
5. You may also try to disable any background running apps that you aren’t utilizing right now by following these steps:
- On your S22 series phone, open the Settings app.
- Select Battery and Device Care.
- Tap on Memory
- Select the apps you want to close in the background.
- Now press the Clean button.
6. You may also use the Optimize Now feature by following these steps:
- On your Galaxy S22 series phone, open the Settings app.
- Select Battery and Device Care.
- Now select Optimize.
7. Restart your Samsung Galaxy S22, S22+, or S22 Ultra if necessary. To do so:
- Simultaneously press and hold the side and volume down keys to bring up the power off menu. Then select Restart from the menu.
8. It’s always a good idea to keep your S22 series phone’s firmware, as well as the Camera App’s software, up to date.
9. You can also execute a factory reset as a last resort. This will wipe your Galaxy S22, S22+, or S22 Ultra clean of all personal and customized data. As a result, we recommend backing up any vital files or data before beginning this procedure.
You must perform the following actions to factory reset:
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Select General Management.
- Choose Reset.
- Select Factory data reset.
- Choose Reset.
- Select Delete All.
How to Fix Camera Shutter Lag on Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
The photographic area of the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is without a doubt one of the essential elements. On the other hand, some people have not enjoyed the experience.
The issues have nothing to do with the image quality. When shooting images, there appears to be substantial camera shutter lag.
When switching between the multiple sensors and using portrait mode, the camera system may experience lag.
The shutter lag is between pushing the shutter button and the camera catching the target object. This should be instant on high-end phones. However, with the Galaxy S22 Ultra, this does not appear to be the case.
It seems like the camera UI lag is forever with Galaxy S series phones it is even on the Galaxy S22 Ultra. Idk about the Snapdragon variant but the Exynos variant does have the camera UI lag while opening and closing or while changing modes or lens theirs a significant lag.
— Maaz Perwez (@MaazMz) February 22, 2022
There is a possible solution that may help reduce the problem, at least until something official is released:
I can already tell you this: s22 ultra in expertraw has less shutter lag but take more to process. Images have faster shutter speed and smaller iso values
— Mattia giglio (@GiglioMattia) February 16, 2022
Because there is minimal camera shutter lag in Expert Raw mode, you can use it in the meanwhile. On the other hand, images may take a little longer to process.
What to do in case of focus issues, blurry photos, camera crashing, etc.
Are you having problems with the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra’s camera quality? A defect in the camera software may cause this problem. To solve it, you’ll need to wait for an official update from the manufacturer of your device.
Until then, you may consider these steps to improve your experience.
- Have you had this problem after installing a third-party camera app? If so, uninstall it and replace it with the official camera app.
- Use the Image stabilization option if you want the best results from your camera.
- Open the Camera app and clear the cache. Check and see if this resolves the issue.
- Select the HD option in the camera app.
- Check your phone’s screen for any pre-installed glass guards and remove them.
- Turn on the camera flashlight if the photos are getting darker.
- Changing the camera’s settings may cause this issue. Reset the camera to its default settings to see whether the problem has been fixed.
- If you’re using a camera filter on your phone, turn it off.
- Clean the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra camera lens and see if it helps.
- The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra camera isn’t working correctly because of a hardware issue. Try having the camera checked by a professional.
If none of these methods work, it’s possible that the problem is hardware-related. You can bring your phone to a Samsung certified service location near you. If it’s a software issue, you’ll have to wait for a Samsung official software update to resolve the problem.