Instagram introduced a new feature that allows you to broadcast live with any of your friend who is currently watching your live video. The feature is an enhancement to its live video which adds a capability to invite anyone who’s currently watching your stream to join and share the broadcast together at the same time.
Live video was first introduced to the app in November last year and since then millions of people have been using it to connect with their friends and followers. With the new update, now you can have even more fun connecting with people in the moment.
How to add friend to live video broadcast
Here’s how to use to use the new live video feature.
1. Tap the Camera icon
2. Tap Live at the bottom of the screen, then hit Start Live Video on the next screen.
3. While you’re broadcasting, tap the icon near the bottom-right corner of the screen.
4. Now tap Add and invite a guest to be in your live video. Anyone currently watching your live video can be invited to your broadcast.
5. Once your friend accepts the invitation to join, the screen splits up into two and your friend will pop up right below you.
6. You can remove the guest at any time by tapping X at the top right corner of their split-screen. Your guest can also choose to exit on their own.
This is great way to hang around with your friends and share interesting video conversations with fans.
You can still play with Instagram’s face filters and your followers will still be able to comment when live streaming.
Once the broadcast has ended, you can add your live video to stories or discard it as usual.
As per Instagram, the new updates are available on version 20 of the app. You can update the same from the following links.