There are two types of people in the world: one who turn off blue ticks and read receipts for WhatsApp messages, and those who like to keep it on. While for the first category, WhatsApp provides a way to turn off blue ticks and read receipts, it comes at a cost that even you won’t be able to see blue ticks and read receipts for the sent messages.
For the second category, many times there comes a situation where they want to read a message but without giving off a blue tick or read receipt. Of course, that is not possible directly for any individual chat on WhatsApp. You have to turn off read receipts for all chats. However, there are some cool methods that you can use to read messages without changing your last seen, or giving off a blue tick or read receipt.
Wondering how to do this? Read on.
There are two methods to read WhatsApp messages without giving read receipts or blue ticks:
- Using WhatsApp widget
- Using Airplane mode
How to read WhatsApp messages without showing blue ticks using WhatsApp widget
WhatsApp knowingly or unknowingly has made it very easy to read messages without giving blue tick. However, very few people are familiar with this awesome thing. All you need to do is put WhatsApp widget on your home screen.
Here are the steps to achieve it:
- Go to the home screen of your device.
- Long touch any empty space on the home screen. Tap Widgets from the options.
- Scroll to WhatsApp and look for WhatsApp 4*2 widget.
- Hold and drag the WhatsApp 4*2 widget to your home screen.
You will then see all your unread messages there. Also, unlike the messages in notification where the message is truncated after few words, no such thing happens in the WhatsApp widget. It shows the message in its full glory. Cool, right?
In addition to that, you can add the widget any time, it’s not necessary that you should have added the widget before receiving the messages.
How to read WhatsApp messages without giving blue ticks using Airplane mode
If you don’t like widgets or whatsoever reason for not using the first method, you can use this method to dodge blue ticks. However, unlike the first method, this one is a little bit complicated.
Without any further ado, let’s get into the dirty details of this method.
Here are the steps to dodge blue ticks using airplane mode:
- When you receive the WhatsApp messages that you want to read stealthily, turn on Airplane mode on your phone. It should be present in the Quick Settings. In case it’s not there, go to the device Settings and tap Airplane mode to turn it on. This will turn off all connections on your device such as mobile network, mobile data, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc.
- After turning on Airplane mode, open WhatsApp messenger and read the messages.
- Tap back or home button to close WhatsApp messenger.
- Finally, turn off Airplane mode to restore your connections.
The gist of steps: Turn on Airplane mode, open WhatsApp, read messages, close WhatsApp, turn off Airplane mode.
You might have guessed that you have to repeat the steps in this process each time you want to read messages stealthily.
Keep in mind: The blue tick and the read receipt will be shown to the other person once you launch WhatsApp messenger without Airplane Mode.