Wondering how to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy S21, S21+ or S21 Ultra? Using factory reset procedure, you can restore your device back to its original settings and can be useful when you are trying to troubleshoot and fix software related issues with your phone.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to perform factory reset on your Samsung Galaxy S21, S21+ or S21 Ultra. Read on.
How to factory reset on Samsung Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra
You can perform factory reset using two methods. The first one can be done through the settings app while the second method uses hardware keys to perform the factory reset.
Let’s take a look at both methods one by one.
Method 1: Factory reset using settings (also called Soft reset)
Soft reset uses the settings app to perform the factory reset. Make sure you remember the password, PIN or pattern for the device as you will need it while performing the reset. Here’s how it is done.
- Go to Settings
- Tap General management
- Tap Reset
- Tap Factory data reset
- Scroll down and tap the Reset button
- Provide your access code when prompted
- Tap the Delete all button to confirm the reset
Method 2: Factory reset using keys (also called Hard reset)
Also called hard reset, this procedure does not require password, PIN or pattern and is the only way to reset your device if you have forgotten your pass codes and are locked out of the device.
Here’s how to perform factory reset using this procedure.
- Turn off your phone
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB
- Wait until the message shows your phone is being charged
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power key.
- Continue to hold both keys until Android Recovery menu options appear
- Press the Volume down key and navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Press Power key to select
- Press the Volume down key to highlight Factory data reset, then press the Power key to select
- When the reset process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted
- Press the Power key to restart the device
Factory reset cannot be undone. The procedure will delete all your apps, data and settings from your device and they cannot be recovered afterwards. Therefore, make sure to take complete backup of your important files and data before proceeding with the reset process.