Nothing could be as frustrating as to discover your system behaving strange when occasion calls for its urgent need. My friend almost got fired by his boss due to late submission of certain files he should have done earlier but, when ugly malware litter his desktops, almost all his files instantly got deleted while some got corrupted. The duplicate of these files he had on his email saved him this fateful day.
Probably you log on to your computer/PC and it takes forever to boot, even after it boots it takes it hours to respond to single click you make on it. Definitely some frustrating malware have found their ways into your system. Having a clean and virus free PC will give you rest of mind and all your files will be in good condition.
7 steps to clean your infected computer
Step 1: checking for symptoms
Definitely, your computer is infected if you experience the following characters:
- Your desktop takes longer time to boot than usual
- web browser becomes unresponsive, at times take forever to open
- You will start getting redirected to another web page other than the one you want to visit
- When browsing the internet, your browser freezes and close
If these are the strange characters your system displays, then there is need to move to step two.
Step 2: Enter safe mode
- Remove CDs and DVDs, and unplug USB drives from your computer.
- Then shut down.
- Put it on again and press F8 key as you can see below, repeatedly. Instantly the Advanced Boot Options menu will show up.
- Click Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter. If any malware is programmed to automatically load when Windows starts, this will block it from loading.
Step 3: Download effective and reliable antivirus software
- Get for yourself a reliable antivirus software
- install the program and follow the set-up instructions
Step 4: Run and scan you computer with the new antivirus software
- Provided you access good and reliable software, it should be able to tell you a number of viruses found on your PC, and warm against future malwares trying to litter into your computer.
Step 5: shut down your computer and switched it on again
Step 6: Update your operating system, browser, and applications
- When new updates pop up on your computers screen, be quick to install. Infected files will go away after installation of new updates, thereby leading to reduction in the number of malware on
Step 7: change all your passwords
- Change your all passwords you may have on your system, virus in many cases does copy passwords and send them over to internet. To avoid exposure of your personal account, change your passwords after scanning your PC.
These 7 effective steps mentioned above, if properly followed, should ensure you virus free computer.