After much fanfare, Google launched its two flagship devices in October this year. The second-generation Pixel devices, Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, which are the successors of Pixel and Pixel XL are awesome devices. With superb cameras and great fluidity, Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are one of the best smartphones launched in 2017.
However, both the devices have some small issues, which may not even be an issue for some users. But for the ones that are bothered by these issues we are trying our best to cover them and help you.
One of the issues faced by Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 users is the lack of LED light for charging or low battery. Yes, the device comes with a LED light but unfortunately, it does not light up while the device is charging. If you are coming from a Samsung device or even OnePlus, you will miss this feature like hell. Of course, the device shows up a charging symbol on the ambient display, which may be more than sufficient for some, but for others like me, who are used to the LED light while charging or when fully charged, it’s a problem.
So, I did a little digging and like all issues on Android found a very easy solution. In case, you also want to have a LED notification light on your Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL while charging, here is what you need to do.
How to enable LED notification light for charging, low battery and full charged status on Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
You have to download a third-party app that goes by the name Light Manager to enable LED notification light for charging, low battery and full charged status on your Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL.
Here are the steps to enable LED notification light for battery related things on Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL:
- Enable LED notification light on your Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. To do so, hold (long touch) any empty space on your home screen and then tap Home Settings. Under Home Settings, tap Notification dots. Enable Blink light.
- Download Light Manager app from the Google Play Store.
- Once the app is installed, open the app and grant the necessary permissions such as run in background and notification access.
- Tap the three horizontal bar menu present at the top left corner of the app to open navigation drawer.
- Tap Battery from the menu.
- Under Battery, you will find three options: Low battery, battery charging, and Battery charged. Tap the option for which you want to set a color.
- Tap “Enable” on the next screen. It should turn green. Then hit Color option and choose a color of your choice.
In addition to Battery LED light, you can also set or customize LED notification light for different apps such as Facebook, Twitter, Calls etc using Light Manager app. To do so, launch the Light Manager app, open navigation drawer and then tap Application. Choose the app for which you want to change LED light. You can even add other apps by tapping “Add an application” option present at the bottom.
Similarly, you can set the LED light for Network connections and System status using this app.
Hope you liked the post.