Samsung has discontinued LED indicator light since the S10 series and replaced with Edge Lighting. The edge lighting is Samsung’s new notification feature that lights up the edges of the screen when you receive an alert or a message.
In this post, we’ll show you how to enable and use Edge lighting for notification on your Samsung Galaxy S20 FE or S21 FE. Read on.
How to enable Edge notification light on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE/S21 FE
Edge lighting on Android 11
If your device is running on Android 11, here’s the steps you need to follow to access edge lighting option.
- Go to Settings
- Tap Notifications
- Tap Brief pop-up settings
- Tap the Edge lighting style to select and choose the edge lighting effect you want.
Edge lighting on Android 10
If you are still on Android 10, follow these steps:
- Go to Galaxy Store and install Good Lock app
- Next open the app and tap on Family option
- Now tap on EdgeLighting + and install it from Galaxy Store
- Now head back to Good Lock app and tap on EdgeLighting + to open it. You can also access the EdgeLighting+ option from the Settings app.
- To access EdgeLighting+ from the settings, go to Settings > Display > Edge screen > Edge lighting and click Edge lighting style. From here, you can customize the LED lighting style, effects, colors, transparency, width and so on.
Customizing Edge lighting
You can set your preferences for the Edge lighting depending on however way you want it. There are tons of customization options and styles you can choose.
You can choose to activate Edge lighting only at certain times or you can decide when it will appear.
To change your settings, tap on Show Edge lighting and select from the following:
- While screen is on: Show Edge lighting when the screen is on
- While screen is off: Show Edge lighting when the screen is off
- Always: Always show Edge lighting, whether the screen is on or off
You can also select which apps will use Edge lighting. To do that, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Then tap on Display
- Next tap on Edge screen
- Then tap on Edge lighting
- Now tap on Choose apps
- To turn on Edge lighting for all available apps, tap the switch next to All available apps and toggle it On.
- if you want to turn on Edge lighting for individual apps, tap the switch next to the desired app(s) and toggle it ON.