Animation is fun and it is a rising career. While you may not opt for it as your career but you can definitely have some fun with animation.
Good thing, you don’t need to learn expensive animation courses or buy animation software. The smartphone you hold in your hand has ample number of apps available to help you get started with animation for some fun.
Here is our pick on 10 best animation apps that are compatible with both Android and iOS.
1. Toontastic [Android | iOS]
This app comes from the house of Google and is available for both Android and iOS users. The core features of the app are:
- Draw, animate and narrate your cartoon characters.
- Move the characters on screen to tell a story.
- Record your voice.
- Save the voice and animation together as 3D video.
- Features a 3D drawing tool.
2. I Can Animate [Android | iOS]
Coming from the house of Kudlian Software, this particular app is all about slow motion animation. The core features of this app are:
- Make and save your own animations.
- Share the animations with your friends and family.
- It comes with all the basic options of a video editor including copy, paste, save, edit, redo, undo etc.
- Scrollable timeline to preview captured frames.
3. Stop Motion Studio [Android | iOS]
Developed by Cateater, this app is all about creating stop motion animation movies. The core features of this app include:
- Creating stop motion animation.
- Creating slow motion animation.
- Dozens of video editing options.
- Various modes like grid mode, integrated movie editors, overlay mode etc.
4. Animoto [Android | iOS]
Developed by Animoto Inc., this is small nifty app to create animated slideshows. The slideshows that you make will make use of your memories (photos) that you click using your phone. The core features of the app are:
- Allows creating slideshow movies using images on your phone.
- Allows adding music to those movies.
- Allows creating animations from the photos.
- Allows editing the music track before adding it to the movie.
- 100+ unique slideshow styles.
5. Animation Amino for MAP [Android | iOS]
Created by Amino Apps, this app is quite unique and is loaded with amazing features. Here is a quick list of the core features of the app:
- Use animations to chat with strangers.
- Share your animation projects.
- Meet collaborators using the app.
- Find inspiration for your animation projects.
- Gives tons of tutorials for a rookie to get started with animation.
6. PicsArt Animator [Android | iOS]
Designed and developed by PicsArt, the app is designed for not only making videos but also GIFs. When we say videos, we mean animated videos and cartoons. The core features of the app are:
- If you have 3D camera app installed, use it to click photos and use the photos for animation.
- Draw frame-by-frame animation right in your smartphone.
- Use the animation timeline to see your animation project.
- Use the advanced sketching and drawing tools for your project.
- Control the speed and length of your animation project.
- Use multi-layering feature for complex animation projects.
7. Animation Desk [Android | iOS]
Loaded with some advanced features, this animation app comes from the house of Kdan Mobile Software Ltd. Here are some of the core features of the app:
- Create animation from scratch.
- Import videos, PSD layers or images to create animation.
- Use layers to create complex animations.
- Use 45+ different brushes for creating unique animations.
8. FlipaClip [Android | iOS]
Developed by Visual Blasters LLC., this animation app is targeted for both rookies and advanced users. Some of the core features of the app are:
- Draw cartoons with frame-by-frame animation.
- Import videos.
- Import audio.
- Add or remove audio to or from a video.
- Export your videos in GIF or IMAGE SEQ or Mp4 formats.
9. Movepic [Android | iOS]
A splendid app developed by ryzenrise, this particular mobile app is not about drawing animation and then converting it into a movie. No! It is all about using your still photographs and adding animations into them. Here are some of the core features of this app that you will surely appreciate:
- Use your still photos to create live photos with animated features. Very useful if you want to make live wallpapers.
- Animate just about anything in a photo using loops. All you have to do is draw paths for the animation loop direction.
- Control the speed of animation loop.
- Add beautiful filters to animate the photos.
While the app is available for free, there are some features that you need purchase. So basically, the app is a freemium app.
10. Stick Nodes [Android | iOS]
Like it or not, stickfigure animations have a certain level of punch to them. This app from ForTheLoss Games Inc., is all about creating stunning stickfigure animations from scratch. You can use the app to create cinematic stickfigure animations. The core features of the app are:
- Automatic frame-tweening.
- Instant smoothing of animations.
- Ability to add sound effects to the movie.
- Virtual camera for panning and zooming.